Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

A Blogging Dry Spell

Baby #4 has pushed me to consider shutting down my blog. While she's the most precious, cuddly little peanut, she also doesn't like to sleep more than two or three hours at night and she's confounded her "veteran" mommy on how to change that. Yep, I've read all the books (Babywise, Happiest Baby on the Block, What To Expect, ETC...) I've even swaddled her in the miracle blanket, to no avail.

So, I'm pretty tired, overwhelmed by the chores before me but thoroughly enjoying this new little one. I just don't find I have much intelligent to say.

I have been watching copious amounts of Food Network and did you know that old episodes of Trading Spaces come on TLC at 4 a.m sometimes?

But I've also found a new favorite author in the midst of the busyness:

Marilynne Robinson

I've read her first novel, Housekeeping, and loved it. I'm halfway through Gilead, which won a Pulitzer Prize, and so far I think it's one of the best books I've ever read.

Check back in sometimes and maybe I'll have something to contribute to the conversation. In the meantime, I'll be nursing, cleaning, teaching and reading, and praying for some sleeping!

8 comments:

Oh please don't shut it down! You and the peanut will move through these trying nights. I know it's very time consuming but we do miss you....just keep this up and say a little bit every once in a while, K? =)

January 4, 2009 at 12:37 AM  

Hi there, I so remember those days. My 2nd was like that...I read all the books too. She settled into sleeping in her own time, around 10 months. You are wise to just accept it and bear with her...and enjoy her!

I'm taking a blogging break too, not that I ever post anything...its just that I need to take it off my mental to-do list foro a while.

God bless you and your little ones!

January 4, 2009 at 12:42 PM  

oh no! you can't go away... your blog's too enjoyable. come up for air every once in a while just to say "hey".

January 5, 2009 at 6:17 PM  

hi Julie....I think of you often and wonder if you are all snowed in and cozy.

Hope your Christmas was terrific and that your husband is on the mend and baby is sleeping sometimes! {{{{{}}}}}

January 8, 2009 at 7:13 AM  

No, don't shut it down... just take this time to read other blogs instead of writing. By the way, I left a message on one of your posts a few weeks ago...but now I realize it's not the right time to put something else on your plate... whenever you're ready to be interviewed on the Clutch blog for pastor's wives, let me know.
In the meantime, enjoy this time with your little one and keep praying for guidance and wisdom to face this new challenge. He's faithful!

January 9, 2009 at 1:23 AM  

My fourth and final practically broke the bank (meaning me). He is 20 months now and I am just starting to feel like I can get involved in/committed to things again. Actually, this summer was a lot better as well.

Aside from being far more tired than I ever expected and in awe at how the 2's seem to have started early with this one, he of course is a wonderful blessing and keeps me on my toes. Take some time off if you need it and cut yourself some slack without a slice of guilty! You are doing the most important job in the world. Do that well and whatever else doesn't get done, will be there in a year or so!

January 16, 2009 at 7:56 AM  

Oh my, how I remember those days. Thanks for sharing. Although hard now, these days will be but a distant memory...especially when you actually get some consistent sleep!!!! I've enjoyed looking through your blog. I am a Pastor's wife from Toronto Canada, and found you on Amy's blogroll...
Have a great day...or should I say..good sleep tonight!

January 25, 2009 at 12:58 PM  

Hi! I found your blog in the Married to the Ministry blogroll which I just joined. Your peanut is absolutley precious! I hope you don't shut down...just take bloggy breaks when you need to. Things will smooth out. My 5 peanut just is 1 1/2 years and I've certainly had to take a break here and there from sheer exhaustion and mental blanks that come from no sleep. Keep up the good work!

March 26, 2009 at 4:12 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home