Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

I catered a church dinner yesterday and so my week has been consumed with preparations for it. I think I'll post a recipe for you from it. Everyone seemed to enjoy the good Southern comfort food I prepared.

I'm also 10 1/2 weeks pregnant and still tired, a little queasy, tired, did I say tired? Wah, wah so tired. OK. And not terribly articulate around here.

Enough already. Here's the recipe:

Chicken Fried Chicken

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded in a ziplock bag to an even thickness
30 saltine crackers
2 T instant potato flakes
2 T flour
1 t seasoned salt
1/2 t pepper
3 eggs
1/2 bottle (or so) of canola oil

a big thick skillet or a nice wide electric skillet (I prefer the electric one.)

In food processor, combine the crackers, potato flakes, flour, seasoned salt and pepper. Process until fine crumbs. Put in a ziplock bag.

In a pie plate, scramble the eggs. Heat the oil on the stove over med/medium high heat or 300-350 on the electric skillet. Dip the chicken in the egg, then shake in the cracker crumbs. Fry until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Don't flip them over until the coating "sets" otherwise it all comes off. I like to use tongs to flip. And wear an apron!

I've been making this for a looooong time. I did 20 chicken breasts yesterday. Whew. Let me know if you try it and if you like, too.

3 comments:

Hi! I just happened upon your blog and I really am enjoying it. I just recently started a blog here.
Here is my link, stop by if you have the chance!
hugs,
Kathi

http://theassistantpastorswife.blogspot.com

May 2, 2008 at 1:10 PM  

sounds tasty!!

May 2, 2008 at 1:14 PM  

This is really and truly one of the best recipes for chicken I've found. Every time I make it when I host church folks they LOVE it.

Remember to get everything else for the meal done ahead of time because this does require some last minute cooking. I always have the salad ready, the dressing made, the sides in the oven, and plates out, the drinks and ice ready to go when I begin frying the chicken. Half the battle in hosting is timing it right. I had an aunt who was a genius at that and she helped me a lot over the years as i watched her prepare thanksgiving and christmas dinners! :)

May 5, 2008 at 6:22 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home