Blogger Template by Blogcrowds






1. $10 roll of quarters
2. A small bottle of laundry soap (or some powdered from home in a ziplock bag)
3. A large mesh laundry bag

I've had numerous occasions when I have been so grateful for these three items while on the road with three children, especially the time when sweet baby girl threw up her nasty Casa Bonita food all over her most special pink blanket and car seat.

I was able to pack just 4 or 5 outfits a piece to last us two weeks while on the road this last time because every hotel has a coin laundry and I'd do it after the kids went to bed. Plus, it felt good to come home with more clean clothes than dirty clothes to deal with.

Works for me!

4 comments:

This is a great idea!

I see you finished the "Mark of the Lion" trilogy by Francine Rivers. Those books are in my all-time favorites list!

July 15, 2008 at 10:48 PM  

Good idea!

July 16, 2008 at 2:41 PM  

smart! i wish i had some detergent w/ me while we were on vacation!

July 16, 2008 at 3:11 PM  

Great tip! I never thought about how many good things could come out of one thing- less at-home laundry, packing fewer clothes...

Now I'll have to request that Lincon book from the library- I've been having bad luck lately, but this one sounds good.

I'm from the South, so I'd love to hear the areas your tour included!

July 20, 2008 at 6:21 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home