Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Not Quite a Bust--

I'm such a whiny spoiled brat. We're finally at the motel after having spent 6 days at the KOA in a sleeper cabin. I was pretty unhappy the first few days. I'm not a camper (AT ALL) and it was unseasonably hot so our little cabin (with electricity and nothing else) was a HOT BOX. Getting sweet baby girl to sleep was impossible in the afternoons because of the heat and the mosquitoes ate their fourth of july BBQ on my ankles. I finally adjusted and was so looking forward to coming to the Inn--but it's really more like a MOTEL. There IS a difference.

The two room suite is really just two adjoining rooms. The satellite TV is 8 channels. The kitchen smells greasy. When we called about the TV, the girl said, "Well, most people want to do things outside when they're here." That's fine and dandy, but we've been camping for 6 days and were hoping for some A/C, TV, cozy, plush Inn time. The owner says, "Too bad, so sad." He was rather rude to my very gracious husband. And there's no chance of a refund. When we're gone I will write a scathing review of this place. ARG. It's a MOTEL.

Just goes to show you that the internet isn't always accurate!

3 comments:

Don't you HATE getting your hopes up about something only to discover you've been deliberately lied to? I hope you can get past the frustration and still have a great and relaxing time. (You are a super-trooper to go through all that camping stuff!)

July 5, 2007 at 9:11 PM  

yep... I can so relate!!!

July 6, 2007 at 10:24 AM  

So sorry to hear about your disappointment. I know it's no consolation right now, but someday (maybe soon) this will all be a funny memory for your family.

July 6, 2007 at 2:53 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home