Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Devotions

I was curious about some of the Bible studies you've enjoyed. I'm in between right now and could use some recommendations. Since we've been at our church we've done Lies Women Believe, The Excellent Wife and Seeking Him. I've also recently done A 30 Day Walk With God Through the Psalms.

I'll admit I'm not a huge Beth Moore fan...I've done her Jesus and David studies. Please don't hate me fellow Southern Baptist women!

Does anyone have any other ideas???

5 comments:

What about something by Elizabeth George? I've heard good things about her. It's ok that Beth isn't for you. I love her and she truly has a heart for Jesus and is reaching women around the world in a real and relevant style...

April 23, 2008 at 2:27 PM  

I did Becoming A Woman of Excellence by Cynthia Heald with a friend and we were both very blessed by it.

April 24, 2008 at 8:37 AM  

I've heard about Elizabeth George. That's a great idea!

I've done that one by Cynthia Heald a long time ago.

I bought a book by Lisa Whelchel yesterday called The Busy Mom's Guide to Bible Study upon recommedation from Preschoolers and Peace's website. It should come tomorrow so I'm excited!

April 24, 2008 at 10:18 AM  

I've always liked Kay Arthur's studies (once I got over being called "beloved" all the time lol!).

April 24, 2008 at 11:34 AM  

I tried a Kay Arthur one once over Hebrews. It was VERY good but I was in a season of life where I just couldn't get it done and my kids for whatever reason weren't doing well in the child care at that church. But I do remember all those BELOVEDS in the videos :).

April 24, 2008 at 12:48 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home