Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Frugality


Our family is taking the plunge to wipe out debt! We're making great progress because we've been listening to Dave Ramsey's podcasts and I read his book The Total Money Makeover. I am INTENSE about this! We spent $254.00 on JUST FOOD for the month of August. Now that doesn't include diapers and paper towels, but for food alone that was IT. I built in another $100 for milk, eggs, and produce in town, as well as any wiggle room I might need.

And so far so good!

Here's a great link from Crystal, the money-saving mom, that she posted today.

The borrower is the servant of the lender!

2 comments:

I just read the book, too and loved it. We are also getting focused about paying off debt and keeping track of where our money is going.
I'd love to hear some more ways you are trimming your budget!

August 6, 2008 at 11:03 AM  

I just bought that book, and am reading it as we speak! I found your site from moneysavingmom (surprise surprise surprise).

Good luck on your journey to becoming debt free!

August 7, 2008 at 3:01 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home