Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Jury Duty!

For those of you who check my blog, it would be just great if you could pray that I could get out of jury duty on Monday. I'm so pregnant there's just no way I could sit for that long, plus it's an hour from home and I'm going to the OB more frequently now. And when you're "unemployed" like I am (because keeping a home, schooling your kids doesn't count for anything and will only yield me a small pittance a day from the county government for my time) you don't get much out of it except the satistfaction of knowing you've done your civic duty. At least I pay my taxes...what more do they want from me?

3 comments:

You know, in California whenever I get called to jury duty I use "child care responsibilities" as the way to get out of it, because I can't get to pick up the kids in time from the child care/school if I serve jury duty! Won't they let you claim that? I can't imagine sitting in jury duty 9 months pregnant...yuck!

January 20, 2007 at 10:40 AM  

Julie, all you have to do is just make really weird statements and answers to their questions, like you don't like tall women or something. ;)

That's what I've heard anyway.

OK, I'll pray....that would really stink, being pregnant and all!

Oh, I like your blog!
Christie

January 20, 2007 at 4:25 PM  

Great news! I did have to drive the hour to get there (very slowly on icy, snow packed roads thick with deer and elk and no bathrooms and no cell phone signals and 17 below zero temps), but I didn't get called to even answer any questions. That is such an answer to prayer! I sat there and read a book. Then, when I got home my guys had cleaned the house and even started some laundry! WOW!

January 23, 2007 at 6:30 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home