Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Easter Tree Part II

We finally got our tree out yesterday. We cut three branches off our budding forsynthia bush and put them in a vase with the rocks and nickels. I wanted to list some of the ornaments we use (now that I've seen them after a year in a box!).

clip art of:
crown of thorns
rooster
cross
heart
bread and wine
lamb

swatches of fabric I mentioned in the first post (see Easter Traditions)
grapes
a crocheted cross christmas ornament
gold ribbon (Christ's royalty)
a rose (Jesus as the Rose of Sharon)
using string, we made a "scourage" type thing to remember the wounds of Christ
a nail
a piece of sponge

Hope that gets your imagination rolling. Comment and let me know if you think of some other ideas for your Easter Tree.

2 comments:

Our Easter tree has the following:
palm leaf
nail
strip of leather
purple cloth
cross made of toothpicks
clip art of bread/cup
toothpick w/piece of sponge on end
white cloth (guaze) rolled up
crown of thorns (grapevine&sticks)
sign that says JESUS OF NAZARETH, THE KING OF THE JEWS (in English, Greek, Latin and Hebrew)
an empty half Easter egg printed brown (for empty tomb)
the branch is in a jar with rocks & 30 silver coins (dimes)

at the bottom I printed Isaiah 53:5 to set next to the tree

I like that we can add more things as we think of them. :) I shared this idea last week at my church mom's group and yesterday a gal called to ask more questions so her family could make one. Thanks for the inspiration! Can you post a picture of yours?

April 3, 2007 at 9:32 AM  

Heidi, that's awesome! You gave me some great ideas. I'll try to get some help (I'm a techno-dummy) from hubby to post a picture of it. I'm so glad that other families are doing this, too!

April 3, 2007 at 6:12 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home