Blogger Template by Blogcrowds



I discovered yesterday the deer have found my garden. My precious Romaine lettuce is being nibbled, my tomato plants, which already have pretty yellow flowers, are being eating at the tops despite their walls o'water...

I wish you could shoot a deer in town.

I've sprayed Deer Off on the tomato plants and experiemented with cayenne pepper on the lettuce (I'll just wash it really well!). I haven't looked yet this morning, but I was quite perturbed. Especially since I've got a broken dishwasher, a broken garbage disposal, and a broken vacuum, and THEN the downstairs toilet filled up with bubbles when I did laundry! The plumber can't get here until Wednesday.

It's hard to be a modern housewife sometimes...

4 comments:

Deer are a big problem where we live. Everybody has to have their gardens fenced in!
Thats part of the reason why I like container gardening so much, it's all on my front porch where the kids and I can easily get to it, and the deer stay away!

June 4, 2007 at 10:31 AM  

Do you live in a parsonage? If so, it sounds like its time for an emergency call to the trustees! You poor thing - I'll remember you in my prayers.

June 4, 2007 at 12:57 PM  

Yikes! That would make me so mad.

My old boss put sensors on his property, and when the deer came on the property line it turned a sprinkler on them. It was a lot of work, but he was obsessed with beating the deer.

June 4, 2007 at 2:01 PM  

I know the cayenne pepper trick worked when the neighbor's cat decided my rosebush was her litter box. I hope you find something that will make the deer look elsewhere for food!

June 5, 2007 at 2:44 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home