Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Ruth Graham

I found this poem on blestwithsons blog (an excellent one, by the way, even though I have a daughter now). I had to post it. I think I'm going to print it off and plaster my house with it for those difficult days.

For all these smallnesses
I thank you, Lord;

small children
and small needs;
small meals to cook,
small talk to heed,
and a small book
from which to read
small stories;
small hurts to heal,
small disappointments, too,
as real
as ours;
small glories
to discover
in bugs,
pebbles,
flowers.

When day is through
my mind is small,
my strength is gone;
and as I gather
each dear one
I pray, “Bless each
for Jesus’ sake -
such angels sleeping,
imps awake!”
What wears me out
are little things;
angels minus
shining wings.
Forgive me Lord,
if I have whined-
it takes so much
to keep them shined;
yet each small rub
has its reward,
for they have blessed me.

Thank you,
Lord

3 comments:

how absolutely precious!

June 18, 2007 at 1:07 AM  

Julie,

Here is another poem of Ruth's that I thought you would like:

"God,
bless all young mothers
at end of day,
kneeling wearily with each
small one
to hear them pray.
Too tired to rise when done...
and yet, they do,
longing just to sleep
one whole night through.
Too tired to sleep...
too tired to pray...
God,
bless all young mothers
at close of day."
-Ruth Bell Graham
Being a young mother, I thought of you when reading it, knowing you love her poetry too!

June 18, 2007 at 3:06 PM  

Amen!

June 20, 2007 at 2:21 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home