Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Sid the Science Kid


I have a new favorite kids' show. I already love most of what PBS Kids produces. I love how you don't have to put up with all the stupid commercials like on Nick Jr. or Disney Channel. Since we have TV now, due to someone's injury a few months ago, I've discovered all kinds of programs out there that really are quality (though I honestly DON'T understand the Hannah Montana obsession).

Sid the Science Kid is a new favorite around here. It's produced by Jim Henson studios and is created using computer animation. The colors are bright and fun, the music is fantastic. It's geared toward preschoolers and helping to develop their interest in science. As a result of the water melting and freezing episode, my five year old became a man obsessed with freezing juice in popsicles and freezing water in plastic cups.

So check your local PBS station to see if they air Sid the Science Kid!

3 comments:

I LOVE Sid the Science kid. My 4y/o and I learned all about how ice melts into water today and she was absolutely fascinated. I was going on and on to my husband about how they speak right to her, and she gets everythig they're saying. I'm a fan too!

November 17, 2008 at 1:33 PM  

Thanks for the tip. It's always nice to hear about good resources for TV watching. We don't watch TV (don't have one in the house right now - it's in a box... in storage...) but we like to have options when we to go peoples' houses and they want to turn something on for the kiddos.

November 28, 2008 at 10:44 PM  

Oh Wow! Thank you for the great tip! I will look for this program! We haven't seen it yet!

It is nice to meet you. I'm a Pastor's wife too so I have a special place in my heart for you.

With love and prayers,
Julie

April 25, 2009 at 10:17 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home