Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

My sister-in-law has a beautiful home. Not only is it huge and adorably decorated, it's organized. So each year when I return from her house over the holiday, I am inspired to DO BETTER in my own home. So today I'm on a mission. A mission to make every nook and cranny orderly and my home more livable. I'm tossing stuff I never use or wear.

I'm also unpacking our disaster-area of a van. My trip to the Amish bulk foods store near some family resulted in certain little boys squashing a few bags of baking cocoa, poppy seeds, and brown flax meal in the car. Hubby's been a huge help today, and I hope he's as inspired as I am to make our lives more organized!

So off I go after chomping on an apple and getting a lot done. I'd better get busy before I get distracted by all you bloggers I like to read!

Thanks for the sweet comments, too, while I was away!

3 comments:

You go girl! Decluttering is so worthwhile. About 5 years ago, I received some great advice: Start with one small area, take everything out, make 3 piles. In one, put only things you use or LOVE, in the other, put things you definitely don't want, and in the 3rd, put things that you aren't sure about. Put the "don't want" stuff directly in the trash or in your car to take to charity. Put the "not sure" stuff in a trash bag. Label it with the date and put it away, like in the gargage. If in 4-6 months you haven't anything, put the bag directly in your car (don't even open it!) to take to charity. After practicing this for a few years, I've gotton pretty good (ruthless) about purging stuff I don't need, and there are rarely things that I'm not sure about. Now, to just be as ruthless at the store and stop buying stuff that I don't need in the first place!

November 27, 2007 at 1:07 PM  

Come on over...I'll put you to work over here when you're done there! :-)

November 28, 2007 at 4:08 PM  

the only thing that ever helps me with keeping ahead of my house is flylady stuff.

i feel so dumb but it's like i can't get my brain around it otherwise.

and as to your other post... whenever i hear about busybusy overachieving kids i just wonder how long before they burn out. i like boring days.

November 29, 2007 at 1:56 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home