Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

This is sooo good and so good for you. You make the chicken filling in a slowcooker, then add some cooked brown rice, cheese, light sour cream and roll into a tortilla. Such a huge hit, even my picky 4 year old liked it, telling me, "This is delicious and I'm going to eat it all because I LOVE you!"

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups black bean and corn salsa (Walmart brand is what I used)
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained

tortillas
cheese
sour cream
tomatoes
yada yada yada

Cover it and cook on high for about 4 hours. WATCH it toward the end. Cook the rice and add to the chicken mixture. Assemble like you would any other burrito.

2 comments:

Oh, yum! Sounds great. And I love the slow cooker like nobody's business.

October 21, 2007 at 11:37 PM  

Oh, my husband would love these, thanks. I like the idea of cooking up all the ingredients in the slow cooker!

October 22, 2007 at 12:08 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home