Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Wuthering Heights




I'm reading this classic by Emily Bronte and can't put it down! I decided I was tired of reading more popular books for the time being, and since I've started Don Quioxte, oh, about 3 or 4 times and never got past the first few chapters, I figured in an effort not to let my brain turn completely to mashed potatoes, I would pick up something different to read. I'm so glad I did! I read Charlotte Bronte's book Jane Eyre years ago, but so far, I think I like this one better. I've been trying not to do much research into the story so as not to find out how it ends. I'll probably get a movie (there have been at least 3 made, in the 1930s, 1970s and 1990s) when I'm done. Anyone have any other classics they love?

5 comments:

I much preferred Jane Eyre--did you see the Masterpiece Theater last spring maybe?

I recently re-read Wuthering Heights (which was my favorite high school read) and enjoyed it; watched the movie with Ralph Fiennes in it and hated it.

I want to read the classics also; picked up "Bleak House" by Dickens which I'm deciding might be more than I can take at this point! My favorite classics are all things Austen, A Tale of Two Cities, and the aforementioned Jane Eyre.

Happy reading!

October 1, 2007 at 8:08 PM  

loved wuthering. had no idea i would...
(love shabby chic, as well, for that matter... it's the only chic i can manage.)

October 2, 2007 at 10:26 PM  

michelle-you're too funny. i'm always nicking up furniture, spilling stuff on my shirt--shabby chic is perfect for me!

lisa-i'm going to try pride and prejudice next. can you believe i've never read a jane austen novel? what a loser. i've read some thomas hardy, though, and threw both books across the room. what a depressing guy. made me mad how bad the stories ended. ;)

October 2, 2007 at 10:29 PM  

Oh, and I finished it today! SO GOOD!!!! Now which movie should I watch? Anyone?

October 2, 2007 at 10:29 PM  

the classics are about the only english books we can find here... I may have to go out and pick that one up!

October 3, 2007 at 2:08 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home