Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Casa Bonita



Hubby insisted we experience Casa Bonita at least once. He'd gone about ten years ago. Here's the gist of it: You stand in line for a looooong time, order some nasty all you can eat Mexican food, pick it up at a counter, get seated in this huge dining room with a mariachi band playing, gaudy Mexican decor, Christmas lights on everything...all the while there are bad actors dressed up like pirates and cowboys and gorillas doing skits, cliff divers jumping into a pool of water below...skee ball, video games, face painters, on and on and on...

It's definitely something you do for your kids. In fact, while I was standing in the loooong line (think the roller coaster line in the heat of summer at an amusement park) comforting my fussy baby, I overheard a man say, "Now I know why I haven't been here in thirty years."

That just about sums it up.

By the way, say a quick prayer for sweet baby girl whose throwing up tonight. We have longer to drive tomorrow...Maybe it was the Casa Bonita nastita food?

5 comments:

hehehe I have been to this place. There is one in Tulsa, OK. Ours was cool. I always ate in the cave. Not to sure about what was in the other room.. I think a waterfall. This was before I liked mexican food so I always had chicken tenders :)

Enjoy your vacation!

November 15, 2007 at 10:08 PM  

It's technically not a vacation if you're visiting family. I call that a TRIP, but whoe splitting hairs? :)

Sweet baby girl is doing better today. I think she might have gagged on yucky stuff in her throat. Babies throwing up is baaaaad.

We ate in the waterfall area and my oldest loved the shows. He was totally into them! It was funny.

Oh, and my middle one (who you know well) was GIVING away his tickets at the arcade and parents were like, "What is he doing????" Giving hubby quizzical looks. I guess he thought he was a train conductor or something. Too funny.

November 16, 2007 at 7:21 AM  

On recommendation of a "friend," we went there while we were on vacation also, and ONCE WAS ENOUGH! The food was terrible, the decor - gaudy, and the service - awful! I know what you mean!

November 16, 2007 at 10:42 AM  

he is so funny!

November 16, 2007 at 5:39 PM  

Well . . . my husband's family loves the tackiness of Casa Bonita, so we have been there at least 7 times since we moved to CO 13 years ago. My husband had my surprise 30th birthday party at Casa Bonita!! I was pregnant at the time and tried to gag down the food. I must confess that I do love the sopapillas. My SIL suggested that we go to Casa Bonita at Christmas time this year when they come to visit. :-0

November 21, 2007 at 10:25 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home