Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Free Milk

My family goes through copious amounts of milk in a week. And milk in our small, remote town is $3.79 a gallon!

But, I have found a way to beat the system. *cackling laughter*

I keep an eye on the expiration dates of the gallons. When it's the day before, I ask, "If I come in first thing tomorrow morning, will you give me that milk for free since you're just going to throw it out?"

To which our managers have said, "Sure-take as much as you want."

Last week I got 6 gallons for free! We used every last drop and it didn't go bad, even though we were still using it 6 days past the date. I keep it nice and cold in the back of the fridge. Yesterday I got 2 (since we're going out of town this week).

In total, since I've started this diabolical plan, I've received 18 gallons of FREE MILK (saving me $62.00!!!).


HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

7 comments:

Wow! I always have a problem with milk spoiling, but maybe I just need to push it further back in the fridge? Regardless, what a great idea!

November 12, 2007 at 1:04 PM  

wow. i hope nobody in your neighbourhood reads this or you are going to have some competition!

November 12, 2007 at 1:23 PM  

It should be good for 10 days after that date, right? Great idea...pudding, anyone?

November 12, 2007 at 4:48 PM  

You are crazy with the bargain fever....get an ice pack! hee hee...that is very exciting though, I must say!

I had a friend who would buy milk on sale and freeze it! She said it was fine thawed out, you just have to shake it.

November 12, 2007 at 7:21 PM  

we used to buy in bulk and freeze it too! Good for you girlfriend, you are one smart woman!!

November 13, 2007 at 2:12 PM  

TOO FUNNY!

November 13, 2007 at 5:07 PM  

That is amazing. I bet you couldn't do that in bigger areas, though. The big chain stores might not be able to give it away if it's after expiry - you know legal health 'food-safe' issues... I'm so glad that it works for you.

November 16, 2007 at 4:15 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home