Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

I changed the name of these from the recipe my wonderful friend Debbie sent me (you know who you are!) and I tend to halve the filling because I've found I didn't use it all. These are so, so good. I'm going to experiment with different cake mixes, notably a spice cake mix. I'll let you know the results!

1 box devil's food cake mix
3/4 c butter flavored shortening
2 eggs

Combine this and drop spoonfuls onto a cookie sheet, baking at 350 for 8 minutes. Let cool.

Filling:
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 c butter, softened
1 tsp. almond extract (I'll probably use vanilla for the spice cookie variation)
2 c powdered sugar (or a little less, to your liking)

Cream cream cheese, butter. Add extract and powdered sugar.

Using two cookies, put filling the in middle and watch them magically disappear! :)

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home