Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Indelible Grace Music


I'm not into your average contemporary Christian music. There are some artists I enjoy, but by and large, what you find at your local Christian megamart doesn't suit me. Either it's cheesy, trying to sound too much like some secular band out there (I'm sorry, but I grew up in the era of grunge and that guy who sings for Third Day sounds just too much like Eddie Vedder-I can't handle it.), or it doesn't say ANYTHING substantive (in other words, singing, "Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain" for 20 minutes doesn't say much about Christ and the cross, but maybe that's just me...).

With that said, a few years ago while at Seminary we stumbled across Indelible Grace music. In a nutshell, these are folks who take old hymns and put them to new music, and by new music that might mean new tunes or just a more folksy rock version of an old favorite. These people are part of the Reformed University Fellowship out of Belmont University in Nashville, TN. I've heard them three different times in concert and their music has become the soundtrack for my daily life.

There are four volumes: Indelible Grace, Indelible Grace II Pilgrim Days, Indelible Grace III For All the Saints, and Indelible Grace IV Beams of Heaven. The earlier albums have music that is more singable for a congregation (take note music minister's wife!). You can get on their website and download their entire hymnal (for free, I'm pretty sure!).

So if you want music that says something, that encourages you in your faith, then CHECK THIS OUT!

www.igracemusic.com

Let me know what you think!

3 comments:

I went to the site and listened to the preview music. Then I ordered the newest cd. Excellent stuff.
And thanks for your prayers for our family. This week is starting to drag as we haven't heard from him since Monday and I know he was being flown via Blackhawk to Sharona AFB...at 2:30 am with no lights. Yuk.
Diane

September 14, 2007 at 2:12 PM  

Julie,
As much as I love Indelible Grace (and I do) I love Red Mountain Church Music more... they are taking the Gadsby Hymnal. Have you heard any of it?

September 15, 2007 at 8:37 PM  

Cool Diane!

I've been so meaning to check that music out, Kara. I need to make hubby download it for me TODAY!

September 17, 2007 at 1:47 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home