Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Homemade Baby Food

I'm cheap, well, not trashy, but cheap like frugal so I've always made most of my own baby food. It's easy! And it only takes an afternoon every once in a while to make a whole bunch. Today I did green beans, peaches, watermelon, and zucchini. I've already done peas and carrots. There are lots of recipes online about it, but I'll share my favorite because I think it's useful and unique. It's stewed prunes. I've had constipated babies once they start on table food and stewed prunes with oatmeal or rice cereal really does the trick! And did I mention it's cheap?

Julie's Stewed Prunes for Baby's Tummy Troubles

1 carton pitted prunes
1 saucepan
water
food processor or blender
ice cube trays or cookie sheet with rim

Put prunes in saucepan and cover with water. Let set all day covered (or overnight). Then bring the prunes to a boil and cook for about 30 minutes over medium heat. Strain out prunes into the food processor, adding some cooking liquid as needed to make it mushy. Freeze in ice cube trays or in blobs on a cookie sheet, then pop them out or scrap them off into labeled ziplock bags. Ta-da!

Now watch out on the changing table, ladies. :)

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home