Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Seeking Him


Hiya girls. We start our new study of this next week. I'm pretty far ahead so I know what we're doing, but I've also ordered the DVD of Nancy Leigh DeMoss teaching. She is my FAVORITE Bible teacher (move over, Beth Moore) :).

I'm in the chapter now about grace. Check out this snippet from day 2:

"By His grace God did for us what we could not do for ourselves: He gave us life for death and pardon for condemnation. At the cross, God satisfied His own vengeance, met His own demands of justice, extended mercy, and then added the surprise of His grace. Having punished sin, God forgave sinners; then He went on to adopt all who would believe, making them fellow heirs with His only Son. Such is the extravagant love and grace of God." p. 87 Seeking Him by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Tim Grissom

THIS IS THE GOSPEL. This is much more than "asking Jesus into your heart." Think about this!

Here's our scripture memory verse (let's see if I can remember it without looking!)

Let us draw near with confidence to the throne of grace that we may receive mercy and find grace in our time of need. Hebrews 4:16

(I got most of it, but switched a few words around. Better keep practicing!)

Great, great stuff here!

4 comments:

Sounds like an awesome Bible study. And anything that has you memorizing verses from Hebrews gets my vote! ;-)

September 4, 2007 at 5:43 PM  

You can do this by yourself or with a group. I've done the first 5 chapters on my own and they have been so great. I really like topical Bible studies, but I know that someday in the future we need to do something more like a Kay Arthur Precept study, where we're getting down deep into the Bible. I'm not sure how I'd get training to facilitate one of those, or if our ladies would want something like that, but it might be time to start snooping around for something different for next time. I'll take any suggestions!

September 5, 2007 at 7:26 AM  

Julie,

Thanks for sharing that verse this morning. I needed to hear that. I have been so submerged in "the gospel plus fill-in-the-blank stuff" of late that your blog entry was a breath of fresh air! Thank you again.

Karen

September 7, 2007 at 4:00 AM  

Great study! We did it in our group last spring and let me say we sought Him and boy did we ever find Him! I can't wait to hear all that He accomplishes to the glory of His name!

September 10, 2007 at 4:38 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home