Blogger Template by Blogcrowds



I got this from the library and just kept renewing it over and over. I'm thinking there must be some limit on the amount of times you can do that...so I found it on www.paperbackswap.com in a paperback version. On Amazon, it was only available used and Barnes and Noble didn't offer it all. But I found a photo of the cover on the author's website www.jeannejones.com.

Here's what I love about this cookbook:

1. I live in a remote part of the West so trips to the grocery are either expensive in town or only once a month out of town. Everything you need to make any recipe in this book can be stored in your pantry, freezer, or refrigerator.

2. The variety of recipes is amazing. She's got chapters of everything from breakfast foods to salads to beverages.

3. Most of the recipes call for lower sodium or lower fat ingredients.

4. The author and her husband tested these recipes on a houseboat in the middle of a lake so there was NO WAY to make a quick run to the store! Ingenious!

So thanks, Jeanne Jones, I've got this one coming to my house permanently. :)

3 comments:

Sounds like my type of book - thanks for the link to her website the recipes on there sound great.

April 26, 2008 at 10:02 AM  

I'm actually making her Lemon Drop cookies right now. I can't wait to see how they are. There are only a few ingredients and they're so easy!

April 26, 2008 at 10:28 AM  

suonds like I need to buy this one when we get to America this summer!!

May 1, 2008 at 12:06 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home