Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Holiness

Over at the Reformed Baptist Fellowship blog I read the most helpful article.

Here's the part that stood out from Pastor Savastio's post:


My wife told me the other day that she is concerned when she hears phrases like, “Oh this woman is so godly! She’s modest and she homeschools!” You see it is possible for a woman to do that and yet be prayerless, loveless, and graceless.



It forced me to ask myself as a homeschooling pastor's wife: Am I prayerless, loveless, and graceless? Many days, the answer is "yes". God help me if I think that I'm better, more spiritual, more devoted to my family since I homeschool and have no network TV when I can just as easily fall into despair, anger, and bitterness.

3 comments:

Great post. It's so hard not to look at others and think they have it together but most of the times it's just simply not true.

But we do need to take a look and make sure our outward appearances match our inward that's for sure.

I do think it's important for us to look at what we are doing, but I don't think comparison will get us there. I really think the devil will use it to get us down and not moving instead of looking at it through our fogiving Father's eyes and see what He would like us to do.

Thanks for letting me share :)

April 14, 2008 at 10:57 AM  

How true... I need this reminder daily.

April 14, 2008 at 11:04 AM  

How easily we look to externals to evaluate righteousness, but God looks at the heart! May we live lives worthy of the calling we have received--inside and out!

April 21, 2008 at 11:38 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home