Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Fed Up

Every day I check the news websites to see what's going on in the world. We don't have any network tv or cable or anything so I feel like I can stay up to date with the internet. I've always enjoyed keeping current. But lately, when I've clicked on news homepages, especially fox news', it seems like all they are covering are horrific abuses against children all over the country: murders, abductions, exploitation on the internet, etc. It's enough to make me more paranoid than I already am and never let my kids out of my sight!

So I've decided to go on a news fast for a while. I remember feeling this way last year when someone got us a gift subscription to Newsweek. There were some weeks I put it right from the mailbox to the trash can as I walked past it.

I'll still pick up my World magazine, but there's no reason for me to read about all the terrible events as they happen on the internet. It's not about burying my head in the sand--I spent enough time working in social services to know that evil is out there alive and well. I think I'm overly sensitive to things and reading about the latest child snatched is enough to keep me up at night. Instead, I'm going to think on things that are pure, praiseworthy and of good repute. All for my own mental health!

2 comments:

That is such a great point!

Have you ever looked at: http://www.happynews.com/. Only happy stuff there. Amy "Not Your Typical" had blogged about that once.

March 15, 2007 at 2:31 PM  

Great idea! I'll check that out post haste!

March 15, 2007 at 7:56 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home