Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Our Easter Tree

As I mentioned a while ago, I wanted to share one of our favorite Easter traditions with you: The Easter Tree. Here's what you need:

3 or 4 long branches
thread
1 quart size mason jar
30 nickels
1 handful of rocks
small strips of fabric in the following colors:
red (for Christ's blood shed for us)
black (for his death)
white (for his purity)
purple (for his royalty and for the clothes they gambled for at his feet)
1 nail
small plastic grapes
a small piece of sponge
clip art you've printed in color of things such as these, then mounted onto small pieces of lightweight cardboard:
bread and wine
a dove
a cross
the tomb
a rooster and anything else you think might represent parts of the Easter story

Fill the jar with rocks and the 30 pieces of silver. Arrange the branches in the jar, held in place by the rocks. Using the thread, tie on everything else, discussing what each means in the story.

This is not an absolutely original idea, but we've made our tree our own using these kinds of things.

Hope this sparks your imagination!

4 comments:

what a great idea!

March 14, 2007 at 9:13 PM  

This is really nice...and was realle great reading through it....and well Easter is surely coming up and it's time that everyone is excited about it...ad hey for some more fun and joy you can also visit my blog on Easter Wishes and Greetings sometime and enjoy all that i've posted there!!!

March 14, 2007 at 11:54 PM  

I discovered your blog last week and love this idea! You inspired me to try this with my kids and we have been making three so we can share some. We have about 5 objects hanging and are figuring out some more. What a great tool to use with the kids and whenever I walk by it makes me think about what Jesus did for me too!! Thank you!

March 26, 2007 at 11:29 AM  

Now i need to get my own out and up!

March 27, 2007 at 9:15 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home