Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Since my friend asked:

My husband was stuck in the nearest major city due to bad, bad snow. My parents are here. I sent my kids to a friend's house so my mom and I could get pedicures. Then I did all the normal cleaning, cooking, and tending to kiddos that I do every other day.

Birthdays are not as special as they were when you were a kid. But hubby did get me the movie Amazing Grace, which is excellent, an iPod Shuffle for when I run, this cool picture frame that has all your downloaded digital pictures on it so that it changes periodically, the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and the book Made From Scratch, a memoir by Food Network star Sandra Lee. So I got cool stuff, but our plans were slightly altered since hubby was seriously stuck.

6 comments:

Happy Birthday! You know, 30 is the new 20. :-)

December 11, 2007 at 9:44 AM  

Well, Happy Birthday. Sounds like you got cool stuff and a cool family to share it with. I just watched Amazing Grace this weekend. Loved it and am anxious to go through the discussion questions with my confirmation class.

December 12, 2007 at 6:27 AM  

I loved the "Amazing Grace" movie. My husband visited John Newton's church in Olney when he was in the UK in Sept. He bought a hymnal there and made some great photos.

Happy Birthday! It's true. 30 is the new 20, and 40 is the new 30, and 50 is the new 40 and on and on....at least that's what I tell myself.

December 14, 2007 at 11:05 AM  

ummmm...i'm not feeling 20. maybe because i weigh 40 lbs more than i did at 20??? :) thanks for the birthday wishes!

December 19, 2007 at 12:17 PM  

Happy Birthday! Was it the 11th? If yes, that's my third son's birthday; he turned 10! And it sounds like a wonderful birthday: movie, iPod, Lord of the Rings...I don't think it gets much better!

December 19, 2007 at 6:26 PM  

Enjoyed reading your blog tonight! I will be celebrating my 30th bday March 3rd:-) I can't believe it though!!!! LOL!!!

December 22, 2007 at 9:05 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home