Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Kibitzers


I have found the funniest book by Simms Taback. It's called Kibitzers and Fools. Taback has written many excellent children's books, including There Was an Old Lady Who Swallowed a Fly and Joseph Had a Little Overcoat. Kibitzers and Fools is based on tales his Yiddish grandfather told him growing up. It's full of clever sayings, hilarious pictures, and great stories.

At the end of the book is a glossary of Yiddish words and what they mean: klutz-blockhead, (and my personal favorite) kibitzer-someone who knows it all and offers advice unsolicited.

I have a few kibitzers in my family who are currently visiting. The book has helped me to laugh about it instead of getting angry when my every move is scrutinized and suggestions are made as to how to do whatever I'm doing better or more efficiently.

He he, KIBITZERS. :)

A quotation from the book: Just because you can speak doesn't mean you make sense.

2 comments:

Julie, was checking your blog to see how you spent your birthday...No post?! Girl, I gotta know how 30 looks on you? Here's to 29 for me today. I'm going to have my girl soon - she's not going to wait until 08!
love,
rachel

December 11, 2007 at 6:04 AM  

Nice!
i'll have to look up the book.

happy birthday!

December 12, 2007 at 5:06 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home