Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

My Garden Plan


Oh, oh, oh I'm SOOOOO excited to get my garden in the ground! It should be in the next few days when hubby and I will be preparing the ground, setting up our Square Foot Gardening boxes, and sowing cool weather vegetable seeds (as well as baby red and green romaine lettuce plants). I've planned the rest of my boxes, too. Here's what I'm growing:

romaine lettuce, spinach, radishes, green beans, yellow wax beans, peas, zucchini, yellow squash, mini pumpkins, tomatoes, bell peppers, corn, shallots, onions, sweet potatoes, yukon gold potatoes, parsely, chives, oregano, basil, mint, lavendar, cilantro, black eyed susans, blue flax, marigolds, cosmos, and MAMMOTH sunflowers (last year my sunflowers were almost 8 feet tall and the stalks were as big around as a small tree, probably 2 1/2 inches in diameter).

Hubby reminds me that when you have a hobby only other people who share that hobby with you enjoy talking about it...sooo, any gardeners out there who have their garden stories and plans feel free to post a comment or two!

2 comments:

*raises my hand*

I love hearing about it all! Go right ahead. ;)

April 21, 2007 at 6:07 PM  

Is this your garden? Because it is SO SO beautiful if it is...

I love to garden. I just haven't done it in, oh, the last 6 years since we had the last 2 kids... I will have to live vicariously through you.

April 24, 2007 at 3:28 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home