Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Running

It's the latest craze, it seems, so I've jumped on the running bandwagon (would that be a treadmill?). Most of the skinny people I know don't just walk, they run. So I'm now convinced, since I've received a clean bill of health from my doctor, that I will take up running. I have never been able to run. EVER. I used to do a 20 minute mile in school. You can also see from my photo down below that I'm about 40 lbs overweight (I'm the blonde one.).

I've begun. I can now run 12 minutes! I walk the rest of it uphill on the treadmill and yesterday I was so sore I had trouble walking down the steps.

But I like being sore.

And I've weighed myself this morning and I've lost 2 pounds this week!

Let's see if I can continue!

8 comments:

Juile, that's just great!! I am sooo looking forward to being done being PG b/c I want to get healthy again too. OH, and b/c I just HATE vericose veins!!! Anyway, keep up the good work - you'll be back to a skinny minnie in NO time!love,rach

August 30, 2007 at 1:32 PM  

You can run for me too, OK? LOL! I just hate running. I'll climb stairs, walk 14 laps, whatever - but not running. Keep it up! I'll be cheering for you.

August 30, 2007 at 1:40 PM  

Julie, I'm beginning to work out more too and try to lose the baby weight! Just put a ticker on the forum. I'm also trying to buy healthier foods and not eat such large portions! We should help each other!
Best of luck!
youngpastorswife

August 30, 2007 at 4:16 PM  

Yeah! Congratulations on the exercising and the weight loss!

August 30, 2007 at 7:50 PM  

you're doing awesome! that's so great!! i'm really proud of you. i know it's so hard to get going. you're doing the hardest part! i promise!!

August 30, 2007 at 8:08 PM  

thanks gals. If I don't post about it in a while, maybe one of you should inquire? Esp. Finish the Race because if you haven't checked out her blog, she runs like miles and miles and miles...

have you heard of dean karnazes? he's a running crazy man.

Hopefully, running again tomorrow!

August 30, 2007 at 8:44 PM  

You go girl!!

August 30, 2007 at 11:31 PM  

good for you, although you don't look like you need to lose 40#

August 31, 2007 at 6:51 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home