Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

For those of you who know me personally, it is no surprise to you that I am a homeschooler by default. I would rather have my children in a Christian school, but there isn't one in our town or anywhere nearby. With that said, for the first time ever I am looking forward to our homeschooling year.

This is truly an answer to prayer. I have struggled with delighting in my role as homeschooling mom, and I've asked for prayer from many people about it. So God gets the glory!

Part of what has helped me is that hubby and I have worked out a morning schedule with each of us doing a small amount of chores and our Family Bible Time.

I have planned an entire semester of lessons!

We're doing a four day school week. Our Christmas break will be shorter, too. I think in the end, getting Saturday & Sunday off, as well as dad's day off during the week, will help all of us. I'd like to be doing school at about the same pace as the public schools so that my kids and play with their friends on days off of school.

I'm starting more deliberate, but still casual, schooling with my 4 1/2 year old. I'm hoping that he'll start picking up more as we go along with his big brother.

So, that's where I am. Pray that I can get up early enough and that we have a lot of fun together tomorrow!

3 comments:

Julie, we have never started school before Labor Day so you are ahead of me that's for sure.

I just read an interesting tidbit from a Rainbow Resource curriculum consultant. She says that you only need 30 minutes of school per day with a kindergartener. Now, that was new information for me but I thought it made sense so I am passing it along! Hope your day is terrific!!!

August 22, 2007 at 9:34 AM  

We are not starting until after Labor Day either!

Good for you for figuring out what works and for planning so far in advance!

August 22, 2007 at 1:55 PM  

Hope your first day of school went well! I've been checking out your blog and "lurking" about but finally wanted to leave a comment to say I've been enjoying your blog.

August 22, 2007 at 3:31 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home