Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

My Manly Little He-Man



My four year old is at the age where he's starting to identify less with his mom and more with his dad...I'm glad about this. I wouldn't want a sissy son. :) Anyway, yesterday before worship started he had to go potty and our bathrooms at church are one-seaters, so the men's was full and he needed to go right then and I needed to get to church, so I insisted he go in the women's. He cried and carried on, wailing, "I'm not a girrrrrlllll!!! I don't want to be in the girls' bathroom!!! WAHHHHH!" It took all my composure not to crack up into hysterics. On the one hand, I'm sure glad we've got that gender issue figured out.

Then, he sees older brother's Red Rider B.B. gun (of, "You'll shoot your eye out" fame) and says, "Daddy, I want to take that gun and go shoot an ELK!"

So dad's proud of his young son, our manly little he-man.

4 comments:

Very cute. He knows he's a real man. But....an older lady once told me not to worry about my boys' getting older, boys always love their mommies. Even grown-up boys. I'm counting on it. I don't have any daughters to take care of me when I'm old. :)

June 18, 2007 at 3:46 PM  

i always told my kids that the sign also meant, boys with moms. it worked til they were old enough to know better!

June 18, 2007 at 8:21 PM  

Very cute story. What heartsong says is true - my 16yo still tells people how much he loves his 'mama'

June 18, 2007 at 9:03 PM  

This is great! You can get out of a lot of "potty duty" if you train him to want to go with your husband into the mens'... ;-)

June 20, 2007 at 2:20 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home