Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Repentence

I'm doing the Seeking Him Bible study and this week's lessons are on repentence.

It seems that when I ignore my sin, like David says in Psalm 51, I waste away, but when I agree with God about it, He begins to cleanse me and purify me.

In my own life, that means when I'm busy doing "good" things, it's easy for me to ignore the probing by the Holy Spirit that says, "Put that dirty dish down and get down on your knees and pray." Or when a certain 7 year old does something that grates on my nerves, instead of getting mad, I truly cry out to God to give me patience, wisdom, and discernment to know how to deal with something that all those parenting books don't address (that's another post!).

Hubby has often said some very wise words in this regard: You make time to do what you want to do.

If I truly wanted to be ever before Him, worshipping, praying, seeking His face, then I will make time to do it. In fact, it must be my highest priority. I like to tell myself that that sounds legalistic. But in reality, it's the mark of a Christian who runs with endurance. I seem like I'm more of a sprinter...

So I've sprinted tonight, feeling all good and cleansed and all, now I must continue to press on tomorrow when everyone's awake the hubby's working all day.

2 comments:

how are you liking the study? I fogot to ask?

August 18, 2007 at 6:50 PM  

I have done that study and it SO gets in your business! But I'll tell you this much: not a one of us finished that study the same as we started. Our God wrought some transformation in us--glory to His name! Praying He meets with you as well...and that His Word will accomplish His purposes!

August 22, 2007 at 6:47 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home