Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Reading this. WOW. All other things have totally slacked off as I've been absorbed in this book.

I think I find Islam so fascinating because I have a friend from high school (who is now a neurologist) whose a Muslim. And I see Islam as our future.

Have you heard the statistics (I should probably just find them.) about what percentage of Europe will be Muslim by the middle of this century? It's astounding. I feel like I need to understand Islamic fundamentalism. Of course, my friend doesn't fall into this category--she's not the type whose trying to murder the infidels and force conversion by the sword.

Unfortunately, no one else around my little town is interested in stuff like this so I read alone. Or blog about it!

I have family coming in today so I need to get ready and get this house in order.

Sorry for the lack of posts! I have about 100 pages left--then I'll be back. :)

8 comments:

I also find Islam fascinating. I took a couple courses on it in bible college and loved them. Enjoy your book.

August 10, 2007 at 8:20 AM  

I'm starting a book club on my blog called Book Blogging on the 25th. Every 25th of the month I am encouraging discussion on a book we've read that month. This month (august) I am reading the Kite Runner by Khaled Housseni.
What I'd like is for someone else to host it on various months, at their blog, when they chose a book. Would you be interested some month to discuss this book? Just a thought.

August 10, 2007 at 8:20 AM  

I Was Just Thinking--that sounds cool! Let me know the specifics of what I'd need to do. I need clear directions-I'm a concrete sequential! ;)

August 10, 2007 at 9:37 AM  

I'm always on the lookout for a good read--I may have to check this out! And let me know what you and "i was just thinking" come up with--sounds intriguing!

August 10, 2007 at 2:16 PM  

I read that book earlier this year, it was interesting. I found her way of telling her story quite 'unemotional', as if she was a bit distant from it all, which possibly made it easier for me to read, 'cause I can get quite emotionally involved in books, movies, ads on the tv, it doesn't take much.

August 11, 2007 at 7:37 AM  

Thanks guys - I hope this book club thing takes off. I'm not techno-savvy but what I'm thinking is each month a different blogger (who is in the club) would host a book discussion. Her blog entry would give her opinions on the book and the comment section would be other reader's opinions. Hopefully this will increase your readership too.
So on August 25th we're reading the Kite Runner at my blog. If you're interest, juloyes, I will announce the next book to be Infidel and hosted at your blog on Sept 25th. You can email me our comment on my blog if you're game.
Thanks for the interest. It all started because I miss my book club I began when we lived in Littleton.

August 11, 2007 at 7:57 AM  

If you liked this book you might also like reading Dr. Daniel Shayesteh's book: Escape from Darkness
He was a radical Muslim from Iran and helped put Khomeini in power. Today he is a born again Christian. I heard him speak a few months ago. Well worth listening to.

August 15, 2007 at 9:12 PM  

I know someone who worked among Jews, Arabs, and Christians, trying to bring peace and reconciliation. What he discovered in doing this has extremely alarmed him. Please visit two very important websites.
http://www.escapefromdarkness.org
http://www.obsessionthemovie.com
I highly recommend ordering the DVD, Obsession. It's very informative.

Have a good day! : )

August 16, 2007 at 1:23 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home