Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

They Keep Finding Me

So I was walking home from the grocery store the other day and these two very nice young men in white shirts, dark pants and name tags stopped me with the question, "Did you know families can be forever?"

I knew what was coming next. And you know who these guys were: LDS missionaries.

Let me say that I appreciate their dedication and sincerity. And I've got a lot of respect for their focus on families and morals and all the Mormons I've met here in the West have been very nice to me.

But they claim to have some "restored" gospel, but what they are really marketing is a perverted gospel. I've decided that if they are going to proselytize me, then I'll return the favor. I am loving and kind, but I'm also quoting the Bible, the final revelation from God, sufficient to save sinners and our only hope of salvation.

I denounce Joseph Smith as a false prophet, quoting Galatians 1 that states that even if an angel of light appears to you with a different gospel than Jesus Christ crucified for sinners, he is to be accursed. A polygamist, adulterer, and false prophet, I remind them of their hymn Praise to the Man, which I posted here some time ago under the "cult" label.
Here's a snippet to remind you:

Hail to the Prophet, ascended to heaven!
Traitors and tyrants now fight him in vain.
Mingling with Gods, he can plan for his brethren;
Death cannot conquer the hero again.

Praise to his mem'ry, he died as a martyr;
Honored and blest be his ever great name!
Long shall his blood, which was shed by assasins,
Plead unto heav'n while the earth lauds his fame.

Chorus

Great is his glory and endless his priesthood.
Ever and ever the keys he will hold.
Faithful and true he will enter his kingdom,
Crowned in the midst of the prophets of old.

I remind them that Paul was thankful he had not baptized more than a few of the Christians in Corinth because he never wanted anyone to sing his praises. In 2 Corinthians 10 he shows his weaknesses and exalts His risen Savior. In Philippians 3 he says if anyone has reason to boast in his works he does, being a Jew of Jews, yet he considers all this loss for Christ. He points all attention away from himself and to Christ.

Joseph Smith holds some keys to the kingdom? Joseph Smith is anointed? Joseph Smith's blood pleads unto heaven and earth lauds his fame? I'm sorry, but this man is burning in hell. I know that's harsh and it's sad, but he was a liar.

The slickest marketing campaign of any religion in history has been the LDS church claiming to "be Christians just like you."

Christ is all. I don't need a mere man to plead for me.

4 comments:

What an awesome witness! Thank you for professing our faith in our crusified Saviour! I am just now looking at other blogs...some are horrible and am glad this 'spot' has initiated a place we can go to find others with our beliefs. If you haven't already, go to...shawntheparsonswife...another pastor's wife who has homeschooled for 10 years...a wonderful friend!
God's blessings!<><

August 27, 2007 at 11:04 PM  

glad you've found me. i'll be sure to check you out, too! and that other gal as well.

i'm very bold when it comes to people I don't know, but when i had a friend who lived here who was a mormon and our kids played together, i was a total chicken. now she's moved away, an hour from the nearest LDS church, and I'm hoping and praying for someone to be more faithful than I was...

August 28, 2007 at 7:49 AM  

I'm not bold at all... keep praying I will be someday, but hoping by the way I live I will be a witness. Thank God that the Holy Spirit is at work all the time!<><

August 28, 2007 at 9:58 AM  

and thank God that he starts and finishes the work!

September 1, 2007 at 10:21 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home