Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

OK. So I guess I'm bragging just a little. OK. A lot. I'm just so excited because all I do is cook and bake and garden and clean, and it's nice to see a tangible reward for all of it. On a side note: I remember being a new wife and mom and finding that the most frustrating part of the experience was the fact that as soon as I cleaned something or put it away, I had to do it all over again. There was never any finality about it. For example, if you write a paper, you have a finished product that proves your accomplishment. A sinkful of dirty dishes washed and put away will somehow find their way back into your sink within hours.

So I'm thrilled at my showing this year:

Cookie Dough Truffles: blue ribbon
Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins: red ribbon (2nd)
Peanut Butter cookies: blue ribbon
Fudgy Butterscotch bars: white ribbon (3rd)
Cherry Almond Granola: blue ribbon
Yellow Wax Beans: blue ribbon
Gooey Butter Cookies: blue ribbon and reserve champion, meaning second place in the cookies, cakes, quick breads, etc. category!

It was worth all the extra work!

12 comments:

the cooie dough truffles and the gooey butter cookies sound yummy!

Congrats on all the ribbons! I have never had the courage to enter a fair! You go, girlfriend!!

August 5, 2007 at 8:08 AM  

congratulations!

August 5, 2007 at 8:14 AM  

WOW!!! Good for you!!! That is great, I am so impressed!

*jumps around demanding samples*

Virtual high five!

August 5, 2007 at 9:18 AM  

congrats to you. that's pretty cool. will you be sharing any of your recipes? i'm sure the family enjoyed the benefits of all that cooking you had to do the last couple of weeks to prepare for it :)

August 5, 2007 at 10:41 AM  

Woohoo! You did good! Now you know, you'll have to share that Gooey Butter Cookie recipe. ;-)

August 5, 2007 at 1:13 PM  

I am well impressed!

And "all" you do is cook and bake and garden and clean? I don't get half that done! I told my husband that I guessed I'm just "domestically challenged." Yeah, whatever...

August 5, 2007 at 1:44 PM  

Absolutely cool!! I'd brag too!

Congrats! How fun

=)

August 5, 2007 at 5:07 PM  

I am so PROUD of you! Way to go. I knew those recipes sounded yummy...maybe I'll enter something in the livestock show come February??

August 5, 2007 at 9:31 PM  

WaY TO GO! I am not surprised since I love everything you make!!!!!!

August 5, 2007 at 9:48 PM  

YOU ARE SO FANTASTIC! I still remember the brownies that you made for my birthday--they were the best ever! You are the only person I know who can bake without a box.

August 6, 2007 at 7:36 PM  

Thanks girls! I wish I could bring you all over a pan of something. I feel like it's the only thing I do well anymore. My brain is, like, totally mashed potatoes after having kiddos. :)

August 6, 2007 at 10:01 PM  

VERY, VERY COOL, JULIE!! You're the only person I've ever known who has actually won a blue ribbon for anything! Congrats!

August 13, 2007 at 9:53 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home