Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

I'm Still Around...

just didn't have the computer for a few days and honestly, have very little to say. Of course, once I start jabbering on I'm sure I'll think of something...

Hubby was gone at a conference and the kids and I did pretty well together, homeschooling and keeping house until tonight when I had a complete meltdown, and it made me wonder how in the world I would ever survive if something happened to my husband or if he was in a line of work that required him to be gone a lot. I shudder when I think about it. Yesterday everyone did great around here, but today was a totally different story. I felt like we were fighting from sun up to sun down.

I think what started the downward spiral for ME and my attitude was that my friend who had already pulled her child out of school to homeschool has changed her mind and is putting her back in. I firmly believe that every family has to make the right choice for their children, but I can't deny I am sooooo disappointed because I have no one here who has small kids and homeschools. The only family in our church has teenagers, so the idea of a co-op or anything is impossible. It would have almost been better if my friend had never decided to homeschool, instead of saying she'd try it and then change her mind. In reality, she didn't even try it, just pulled her child out so that she could have baby #4 and get settled into a routine. At any rate, I'm bummed. So, so bummed.

6 comments:

What came to mind immediately when I was reading was, "You have been called there, where you are, for a purpose and the Lord IS with you there." Hang in there, sister. I know it can be so hard, especially when dealing with disappointments. Remember what you've been called to do, for your family, for your ministry, for the Kingdom!

October 30, 2007 at 9:55 PM  

We are in a similar situation though there is a hsing group which I've not joined with because they are very strict religiously and...well, I've chosen not to join. We're the only ones hsing at our church. What's really helped me with hsing questions and support is the message board at Well-Trained Mind (excellent book, btw, by Susan Wise Bauer). Their address is welltrainedmind.com. You can ask curriculum questions and questions about life, frustrations, and lots of support.

October 31, 2007 at 6:18 AM  

So sorry you had a bad day yesterday. I hope things are looking up now that your dh is back home. The blogosphere missed you while you were gone.

October 31, 2007 at 6:22 AM  

So sorry to hear about your meltdown. I know I have been there.
Hey, you read my book - so you know it, too! LOL
Hang in there, friend.

October 31, 2007 at 12:02 PM  

Praying God will send you a friend and fellow homeschooler...and if He does not, that He will strengthen and sustain you with Himself!

October 31, 2007 at 1:26 PM  

thanks ladies. i hate that i feel like all i do is complain sometimes! meh! this kind of darkness in my mind has been plaguing me for a long time now. i feel like i'm becoming bitter and cynical, when what i really want is joy and hope and peace. i appreciate your comments and love each of your blogs.

November 1, 2007 at 10:03 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home