Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

A quick note to let you know I'll be beginning a series on celebrating the Reformation with your family as an alternative to Halloween. We've done this for 3 years now and it's always a lot of fun. I'll share a few ideas that might inspire YOU to take a more positive spin on the holiday.

Remember: October 31 is the day Martin Luther nailed his 95 Theses (or complaints) against the Catholic Church on the church door (or bulletin board-that's up for debate!) of Wittenberg!

2 comments:

See, more evidence that you really are a Lutheran in hiding:) Our church always has a big harvest celebration on Reformation Sunday - Bar-b-q, picnic, fun and fellowship. I think it's a great idea as a Halloween option.

October 13, 2007 at 8:50 PM  

Wish I could come! I've tried to light a fire under some people at church about something about the Reformation, but no one's interested. This year, it's just gonna be the family celebrating.

I just can't baptize the babies, Caroline! :)

October 13, 2007 at 10:13 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home