Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Sacred


Caedmon's Call has a new CD out called Overdressed, and when I listen to it I feel like I'm in college again. (You know I'm knocking on 30 this year.)

My favorite song so far is this one it echoes my life right now, particularly some recent posts:

Sacred

Words and Music by Randall Goodgame and Andrew Osenga
(c) 2007 House of Mirrors Music (ASCAP) admin. by Simpleville Music, Inc. / 2007 Mighty Molecule Music. (ASCAP) admin by Music Services

this house is a good mess
it’s the proof of life
no way would I trade jobs
but it don’t pay overtime

I’ll get to the laundry
I don’t know when
I’m saying a prayer tonight
cause tomorrow it starts again

could it be that everything is sacred?
and all this time
everything I’ve dreamed of
has been right before my eyes

the children are sleeping
but they’re running through my mind
the sun makes them happy
and the music makes them unwind

my cup runneth over
and I worry about the stain
teach me to run to You
like they run to me for every little thing

when I forget to drink from you
I can feel the banks harden
Lord, make me like a stream
to feed the garden

wake up, little sleeper
the Lord, God Almighty
made your Mama keeper
so rise and shine
rise and shine cause

everything is sacred
and all this time
everything I’ve dreamed of
has been right before my eyes

5 comments:

I've not heard that song yet, but the lyrics hit home. I like Caedmon's Call anyway. I'll keep my eyes out for this cd.

October 7, 2007 at 9:53 AM  

wow, that is beautiful! I'll have to look their new cd up and give it a listen. I love their Share the Well cd....soooo creative! But yes, I can see your recent thoughts in there. God bless moms of young kids everywhere!

October 7, 2007 at 4:26 PM  

Reading the words of this song, and your previous post about the couple and their precious time with their baby brought tears to my eyes, reminding me of all the amazing blessing I have right here in my home, the people I love the most and get so frustrated with.

October 8, 2007 at 6:17 AM  

Beautiful! Even the most mundane task becomes sacred done to the glory of Jesus...

Thanks for the reminder, as today, the laundry I'll get to it I don't know when...

October 9, 2007 at 9:38 AM  

This entire CD is very good. Derek Webb returned and I love him!

October 9, 2007 at 11:58 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home