Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Crab Rangoons

I spent this afternoon cooking in the church kitchen with a friend for our Wednesday night meal. Our church has a sign up sheet for one Wednesday a month to volunteer to cook the entire meal either by yourself or with a friend for the entire church. We decided to do Chinese food. So we spent hours cutting and frying up chicken pieces, making sweet and sour sauce, fried rice, egg drop soup, and crab rangoons. I will admit that we bought the frozen egg rolls. I've got all these chinese lantern decorations and my friend made her famous turtle cheesecake (adios diet!) and chocolate trifle. I told her a more appropriate (but not nearly so tasty) dessert would be red jell-o and banana nilla wafer pudding, maybe with an ice cream machine and sprinkles. :) ANYWAY, I thought I'd post my almost famous super easy crab rangoon recipe for you. Homemade Chinese food is a lot of work, but soooo good.

Crab Rangoons

2 blocks 1/3 fat cream cheese
4 cans crab meat
1 T garlic powder
2 tsp. paprika
1 pkg wonton wrappers (usually they come in packs 60)
1 bottle of canola oil

a fry daddy helps

Beat together cream cheese, crab meat, garlic powder, paprika. Be sure you don't let the cream cheese get too warm-it tends to seep out when you fry them in the wonton wrappers. Put a spoonful of filling into the middle of a wonton wrapper. Dampen your fingers with water and bring the corners up to the center into a little "bundle".

Fry in canola oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.

2 comments:

Hi
not sure how I found your site but I did... and oh my CRAB RANGOONS!! Yummy!!! Can you tell me if you use any sauce with them?
Oh well I will enjoy looking through your blog... but I wanted to thank you in advanced for that goodie!!

Blessings,
Poppy

January 11, 2008 at 9:18 PM  

hello poppy! glad you dropped by. i usually use the sauce from the sweet and sour chicken that i also make with the crab rangoons. i'll post that later. not much time today, but it's very easy, too, once you do it a couple of times it's not so intimidating!

as a side note, i tried chilling the crab rangoons before frying them, and the filling STILL seeped out. i used to make these with egg roll wrappers instead, but hubby didn't like the filling to crust ratio, so i used smaller wonton wrappers. i think i must fill them too full. you might need to tweak how you do it, is what i'm saying. i've been making these for years with the bigger wrappers with no problem. who knows?

January 12, 2008 at 10:58 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home