Blogger Template by Blogcrowds



One of my New Year's Resolutions was to read two quality books a month, mostly from the recommendations found in Honey for a Woman's Heart by Gladys Hunt (GET THIS BOOK IMMEDIATELY, BOOK LOVERS!). So far, I've read Jubal Sackett by Louis L'Amour and now I finished A Year in Provence by Peter Mayle.

A Year in Provence was absolutely delightful. Originally published in 1989, it tells the true story of an English couple who has had enough of London's dreary weather and less than stellar food. So they pack up and move to the beautiful region of southern France known as Provence. (I've been there and this book completely transported me!) What follows is a year of delicious food, lovely scenery, French bureaucracy, tourists, and Provencal hunters, peasants, and construction workers. I highly recommend this book!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home