Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

I've been working my tail off since Labor Day to lose weight. I've resigned myself to the fact that it is a slow process, and that only slow weight loss will yield long-term results. With that said, I have lost a total of....

17 POUNDS!!!!

I'm down one size and I can tell my endurance is improved, too. People have noticed that I've lost weight, which I have to say, is GREAT motivation to keep at it and not devour the pizza hubby makes after the kids go to bed.

My latest dilemma, however, is what to incorporate into my weight training routine. I know it's important, and I was doing it, but not seeing much results. I was also in the weight room one day with a woman who totally knows what's she doing and I've asked her for help before, but one day when she gave it, it made me feel silly. So I know that sounds strange, but I've avoided the weight room ever since! I've been getting on-line looking for suggestions, but can't seem to find what I'm looking for. So I'll KEEP looking I suppose, and keep up the cardio and watching what I eat.

3 comments:

Julie, this is awesome!! Anything worth working hard for will show results and you are now getting to enjoy the fruit (healthy right?) of your labor. Keep it up girl. I'll be joining you next week (well, give myself a couple weeks to bounce back from delivery, but you know what I mean!!)

January 3, 2008 at 3:54 PM  

17 pounds is awesome! Keep going! I'm not much help with the weight training part. I only do what is necessary for upcoming things - like leg exercises for ski season. Other than that, I mostly do cardio. I do have a couple of books though that seem pretty good. One is core ball exercises and another is about weight training exercises. Maybe you could check and see if your club has personal trainers. They would be able to give you some good exercises and routines to incorporate into your workout.

January 3, 2008 at 4:49 PM  

I just found your blog from Lisa Writes! Nice to meet another Julie! I agree with Anita on the personal trainer! I've been working with one for almost 4 months. We don't use weight machines. We use small equipment and my own body weight. I work out for one hour, twice a week and do cardio on my own. The result? My body fat percentage is down 10% (although I've only lost 5 pounds). Good luck! http://pragmaticcompendium.wordpress.com/

January 9, 2008 at 7:48 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home