Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Paperback Swap!



Thanks to my fantastic friend, Debbie, HI DEBBIE!, I've joined Paperback Swap and you should, too!

Here's how it works:

You sign up with a valid email and mailing address. You list books you have that you want to get rid of (they can be kids' books, paperbacks or hardbacks). You list their ISBN number. Then if someone wants to swap your book, they let you know, you print out two sheets of paper and wrap the book up with the paper and tape and mail it to them. You pay the postage (usually a couple of dollars). When you receive a book yourself, the sender pays the postage, so it all evens out in the end. See? When this happens YOU get a credit, which counts for one book. Then you decide what book you'd like. It doesn't have to be from the person who wanted your book. It's any book in the wide world that's listed. You automatically get two credits (which counts for 2 books) when you join and list 10 books. I went through all my kids books and cleaned out all the books I can't stand reading out loud to the kids (READ: Disney movie adaptations). I'm starting to be ruthless in the purge of bookshelves!

If you join, please list my username of Juloyes as your referrer. That way, I get a credit! You can spread the word to others yourself and earn credits, too.

So SIGN UP TODAY! And put me as your referral: REMEMBER: JULOYES

THAT'S JULOYES.

From one bibliophile to another! :)

Uhhhh..Tara mentioned after the fact I forgot to give you the website!!! SORRY!

www.paperbackswap.com

have fun!

Oh, one more thing: I've looked at next year's homeschooling curriculum and put a bunch of the books I need on AUTO-REQUEST. So as soon as someone posts them, I've already requested them. SO EASY!

3 comments:

ok... so I am feeling pretty stupid right about now but WHERE exactly do I sign up? I'm confused. Granted I have some serious mommy-brain so I'm sure it's obvious. Sigh.

January 17, 2008 at 12:14 PM  

thanks for the website... unfortunately it is not open to Canadians!!!! So sad.

January 18, 2008 at 12:37 PM  

there is NOTHING worse than reading a disney movie adaptation. berenstein bears come close for me, though.

as well as most picture books that are supposed to teach the child a 'lesson.'

January 19, 2008 at 7:58 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home