Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Fat Free Guacamole

"Is this possible?" you ask. YES! I got this (modified a bit to suit my taste) from the Biggest Loser Cookbook, a show I've never seen but heard a lot about. It almost doesn't seem real, it's so good.

1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
2 1/2 Tbsp powdered salsa mix (I found this in the produce section-it's a little packet at walmart)
1/2 c fat free plain yogurt or sour cream
3/4 c mild salsa
1 roma tomato, chopped

In a pot, add the asparagus and two cups of water. Boil for 5 minutes or so. Drain. Process in a food processor, add salsa mix, yogurt. Blend. Put the mixture into a bowl and add the salsa and tomato, stirring to combine.

Eat with low fat baked corn tortilla chips.

Unbelievable. I'm serving it to the family tonight in the guise of "guacamole to go with our baked chicken and black bean taquitos."

5 comments:

asparagus. how interesting. i've heard of it with peas but that didn't appeal. asparagus does...

January 30, 2008 at 6:42 PM  

Update: I served it to the whole family and everyone ate and no one suspects ANYTHING. ha ha!

January 30, 2008 at 7:26 PM  

Yum! Funny...I have a great tofu Pumpkin Pie recipe that my hubby has no idea what's hiding in it.

January 31, 2008 at 9:26 PM  

You sound like a very good cook. I have a similar recipe but made with broccoli stems - brocomolli! Keep up the good eats!

February 2, 2008 at 7:34 PM  

Isn't this just the best? Chef Devin Alexander has tons of other great recipes that you would never guess are so good for you. Her crab dip, also in "The Biggest Loser" cookbook, is one of my all time favorites!

February 19, 2008 at 12:12 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home