Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Alida over at blackpurlsknitpickings tagged me and I'm not sure who I'll tag yet! But here are my 5 things, which came at a perfect time for me to ponder.

Here are the rules:

1. those tagged will share 5 things they dig about Jesus…
2. those tagged will tag 5 other bloggers…
3. those tagged will post a comment here with their name and a link to their “dig” Jesus list…


1. He is faithful-even when I am distracted by His good gifts, He continues to love me and draw me to Himself.
2. He is mighty-all powerful, totally sovereign over all. When the world seems to spin out of control into darkness, I know that He does indeed hold the whole world in His hands.
3. He has spoken-through His word. I love the hymn "How Firm A Foundation" which goes, "What more can He say than to you He has said, to you who for refuge to Jesus have fled." What extra revelation do I need? NONE!
4. He will welcome me into heaven-Another song that reminds me of this is called "I Will Glory in My Redeemer": "I will glory in my Redeemer who waits for me at gates of gold. And when He calls me, it will be paradise. His face forever to behold, His face forever to behold."
5. He loves little children. So often, I fall into the trappings of the culture around me and see children as a nuisance, when Jesus presents the opposite example. In a time when children who were unwanted were just abandoned in the desert (hmmm...now they're murdered in utero, has much changed??), Jesus welcomed them.

So I'm tagging:

Anita at averagegirl.wordpress.com
Music Minister's Wife at musicministerswife.blogspot.com
Helpmeet at dustandrib.blogspot.com
Finish the Race at Finishtherace.blogspot.com
Kara Guffey at karaguffey.blogspot.com

5 comments:

Okay Julie, I responded to your tag.
I liked your 5 by the way!!

July 9, 2007 at 12:05 AM  

Julie,
How Firm A Foundation is one of my favorites! Thank you so much for participating and sharing your 5 with us all!!!
Alida

July 9, 2007 at 11:33 AM  

I did it. Only after I clicked "publish post" I realized that I wrote "5 Things I Like About Jesus" instead of "5 Things I Dig About Jesus," but you know what I mean.

I really liked yours especially your comments about children. It made me think about the place of children in our culture. I see a lot of families working hard to hand off their children for others to raise (teachers, day care workers, coaches, etc.) and trotting them out in public as little more than a fashion accessory. (That's a little harsh. Maybe I need to go eat a little chocolate. :) But I bet you've seen those kind of parents.)

July 9, 2007 at 2:49 PM  

enjoyed! Mine are posted

July 11, 2007 at 12:57 PM  

Ok, FINALLY I've posted my 5 things. Whew!

July 14, 2007 at 12:53 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home