Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

My Garden!





The first photo is my box of four tomato plants still surrounded by those magic walls o' water and a whole bunch of green bean and yellow wax beans plants. I already have harvested a gallon size zip lock bag full of beans and I probably have at least 50 green tomatoes.

The second photo is my zucchini and yellow crookneck squash plants. I also have a mini pumpkin plant and some flowers I can't remember...I've gotten a lot of squash already!

The third photo is my two boxes of corn (lots of baby ears already), my sunflowers, onions, shallots, basil, and marigolds.

My only casualities so far have been my Romaine lettuce (DIE DEER) and my peas. I was too lazy to get them a trellis until it was too late. (I don't really like peas anyway.) My cool weather box full of spinach also has gone to seed and the radishes produced nicely and were devoured by a certain 10 year old I know with a penchant for spicy vegetables.

So far, I think I will continue with the square foot method next year. I will not be planting any flowers in the boxes except marigolds, though. I'd rather have a less structured flower garden. I'll take a photo of my flowers after I weed that huge bed! I should do it fast, though, because everything is blooming right now.

Oh, and if you know me personally I'd advise you to check out our family website to see photos of Ouray.

4 comments:

Oooh I'm jealous! Our current yard has been overly landscaped by the previous owners leaving not an INCH for veggies! I would LOVE to grow my own to save on the moolah at the store! How fun too!!

July 18, 2007 at 9:46 PM  

It's looking great! You are virtually a farmer.

July 19, 2007 at 11:11 AM  

Your garden sounds amazing! I've been out of town for a week and am trying to catch up.

July 20, 2007 at 11:21 AM  

Great job on the garden! Isn't it nice to not have to fight that crabgrass?? I just love gardening this way. I do a modified square foot gardening method. I still like my rows so that it's easier to weed when the plants are small. I tried just broadcasting seeds, but then I could not decifer what were weeds and what were the plants I wanted and ended up either weeding out everything by accident, or having a huge mess of plants and weeds later. Once again, great job!

August 2, 2007 at 2:36 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home