Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Bible Reading Plan

I won't write much because I still need to read my Bible today, but I've found a way that has worked well for me these past few years. I've read through the entire Bible twice, so I'm on my third time. One of those times I used an actual plan from Discipleship Journal, which was fine. But the first time I read through it I did it like this (and this is what I'm doing again this year):

Pick a book, any book, especially one that's difficult or not familiar to me and read it. Put a little check mark in my table contents next to the book.

Pick another, read it. Check it.

I have no daily quota to meet, and if it takes me longer or shorter than a year, that's OK. This time the only difference is that I'm looking at the outline in my Reformation Study Bible and breaking up my reading of that book in a logical fashion. So far I've read Leviticus, John, Ecclesiastes, and 1 Corinthians. I'm starting Proverbs tonight. I also read the notes, since this is the first time I've had a study Bible during my daily reading. I really, really like my Reformation Study Bible.

This plan gives me some direction, but it doesn't tie me down. If I get behind, it's not like I've got lots of days unchecked off on my Bible plan sheet so that I get discouraged and give up.

So I'd better get reading. It's late!

1 comments:

I have the Reformation Study Bible too! I just got it a few months ago, so I'm still breaking it in good.

February 9, 2008 at 7:41 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home