Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Genghis Grill



Yesterday we went two hours to nearest bigger city for doctor and photo appointments. We were all done and needed something fast, but not fast food. So we tried this place.

Oh. My. It was wonderful. Here's how it works:

You get a bowl and you can fill it with as much raw meat as you want (beef, chicken, sausage, shrimp, calamari, crab, etc.), as many veggies you want (broccoli, sugar peas, carrots, etc.). Then you give it to this guy at a huge circular grill where you choose what starch you want (from noodles, to brown or white rice, fried rice) and what sauce you want (everything from teriyaki to sweet sour and all kinds of different sauces in between!). The dude fries up your veggies and meat, throws your sauce and rice in with it after it's cooked through, and puts it in a bowl for you to enjoy.

And, boy, did I enjoy it! I think I would have licked my bowl clean had I been in the privacy of my own home. This has become a favorite stop for me now! Did Genghis Khan eat this well??

2 comments:

yum, I wonder if there's one near me. I'm going to check it out.
Thanks for stopping by my blog. We LOVE MFW!
lynnette
www.homeschoolblogger.com/lyntley

February 20, 2008 at 3:19 PM  

We have a Naval Station in our town, and at their officers club they serve like this one night a week. It is indeed very tasty:)

February 23, 2008 at 3:20 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home