Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


Very few recipes I've found for whole grain pancakes call for all the flour to be whole grain. But these do!

Whole Wheat Pancakes by Alton Brown from his fantastic cookbook I'm Just Here for More Food

(slightly altered by me!)

2 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 T sugar

2 large eggs
2 c buttermilk
4 T unsalted butter, melted

Heat a griddle to 350.

Combine dry ingredients with a whisk. Combine the wet ingredients in another bowl. Add to the dry and stir just to combine. Set the batter aside and let rest for 5 minutes.

Spray the griddle with nonstick spray. Using a ladle, scoop batter onto the griddle, cooking until bubbles form in the batter and bottom is golden. Flip for another couple minutes.

These freeze beautifully. I usually triple the recipe and freeze them for mornings when I'm pressed for time.

2 comments:

Thanks for the pancake recipe; I've been hoping to run across one for whole wheat, that would be light and not like something one could sole their shoes with.

February 20, 2008 at 9:00 PM  

These are thick AND light. Now that I've been making them for a while, I don't like any others. With some light or real maple syrup, they are WONDERFUL. I just love Alton Brown!

February 20, 2008 at 9:08 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home