Blogger Template by Blogcrowds


As you may recall, I have a new year's resolution that requires I read two quality books a month. I just finished The Heaven Tree this morning. I LOVED it. I plan on reading the next two books in the trilogy eventually, but for now I'm ready to switch genres and read something that's a little less intellectually demanding (since I've been continually losing brain cells with each child I bear, it appears). So my choice is now Where Trouble Sleeps by Clyde Edgerton. It's set in the fictional town of Listre, North Carolina in 1950 and so far, as I was reading on the treadmill today, it's full of colorful Southern characters I'm anxious to get to know. I love most of the Southern culture and it should be fun to see how this born and bred Southern author satirizes his own folk. It's pretty short and I have almost all my chores done for today, so happy reading for mom tonight!

1 comments:

I love Clyde Edgerton (maybe now I need to dig out some of my old ones and reread!). Just found your blog and enjoyed my visit very much!!!

February 24, 2008 at 11:22 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home