Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Nope. Nope. I didn't like this one. Not at all. Don't bother reading it. I finished it in a day, but it contains everything I don't like about Southern church culture. Hypocrisy, moralism, ignorance, immorality, easy believeism, all covered by a veneer of "good" Southern Baptist spirituality. It described everything I don't ever want to be as a Christian and made me cringe when it occurred to me that that's how the world often sees us. I think the author is intending the story, which has little point and is more of a collection of character studies, in my opinion, as something funny, but it truly just disgusted me to read it. I'm planning on selling back at www.paperbackswap.com Seems I have problems with books that boast that they are New York Times Bestsellers...hmmmm.

So I've met my two book goal, but now I'm thinking I should tackle some closets with my spare time until March when I think I'll pick up Tales From Shakespeare by Charles and Mary Lamb...

2 comments:

Aw Well thanks for the warning!

February 17, 2008 at 4:53 PM  

thanks for the warning!

February 18, 2008 at 9:39 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home