Blogger Template by Blogcrowds

Please note that I have edited this since last night after I went downstairs to find smoke in my kitchen. In my excitement to make it, I forgot that the oven was to be at 250, not 350, so I've changed the recipe. It's still good, but not so much burned...just a yucky ending to a terrible day, yesterday. Oh well. His mercies are new every morning!


I got this from the More With Less cookbook: WOW!

2 cups whole wheat flour
6 cups rolled oats
1 cup coconut
1 cup wheat germ

Combine these dry ingredients in a large bowl.

1/2 cup water
1 cup canola oil
1 cup honey
scant 1 T. salt
2 tsp. vanilla

Combine these wet ingredients with the dry ingredients and spread on two rimmed, greased baking sheets. Bake at 250 for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown.

Add dried fruits, if desired.

Tonight I made this for the third time and added sunflower kernals (not seeds, kernals) and two teaspoons cinnamon and forgot the 1/2 cup water! Oops! I guess we'll see how it turns out that way...This is so good. It's very easy to chew for little guys and very economical! I love cheap!

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home